You may know that at iStore you can upgrade your cellular contract on either Telkom, MTN or Vodacom and you can always have the latest iPhone with iStore’s New iPhone Every Year programme.
So it’s safe to say that when it comes to anything iPhone and cellular - we have got you covered.
Let’s take this one step further and ensure that the process of moving from your old iPhone to your gorgeous new one, goes as smoothly as possible.
We pretty much have everything stored on our iPhones from photos, music, our favorite apps, documents and of course, a way to reach our loved ones through our contacts.
In order to ensure you don't lose precious data, here is what you need to do.
iCloud and iTunes are pretty much your best friend in this process - you can choose to backup with either one.
How to back up with iCloud:
1 . Ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
2. In settings tap on your name at the top. Then select iCloud.
3. Tap on iCloud backup and turn the toggle on (will turn green).
4. During this process make sure you are still connected to a Wi-Fi network.
5. To check that your backup has finished go to settings click on your name then click on iCloud. Select storage, click on manage storage and tap on your device, it should tell you when you last backed up.
Automatically backing up with iCloud:
If you want to set iCloud to back up your device on a daily basis here is what you need to do.
Ensure that iCloud backup is turned on in settings.
During this process ensure your device is connected to a power source and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Ensure your device screen is locked and that you have enough space.
Storage on iCloud
When you initially sign up to iCloud you get 5GB of storage for free.
You can buy additional storage should you need.
You can purchase storage straight from your iPhone.
Simply go into your settings select iCloud, click on storage and an option to buy more storage will appear.
Backing up with iTunes:
1. Ensure your device is connected to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Simply follow the on-screen instructions.
3. If you want to back up your health and activity data you will need to also select Encrypt your iPhone backup.
If you are struggling to back up on your own or you have some questions you can book an appointment with one of our Technicians and they will be happy to guide you through the process.
*Prices subject to change